SISTERS IN THE STORM
Sisters in the Storm is a collective of Black Women focused on community engagement and Sisterhood among Black Women & non-men.
MEET THE SISTERS
Asia Renée she/her
- Nurturer, caregiver, storykeeper, healer.
- I care about Black motherhood. I want to hold space for our choices and abilities to raise families. I want Black kids to be free. I want heauxs to be free. And I want reparations.
- Fierce, compassionate, a quiet storm.
Dani Sanchez she/her
- Artist, uplifter, community educator.
- Bridging the distances between the Caribbean and American children of the African Diaspora, and documenting the Black femme experience in its raw totality.
- Weird, vibrant, resilient.
Jasmine Whittaker she/her
- I am a Nonprofit Director, equity in education advocate, and failed lifestyle blogger, whose goal is to raise radical and free Black kids who fuck shit up.
- My heart is tied to empowering Black youth and creating spaces for them to thrive while living authenticity in themselves. Oh, and glitter, I can’t forget glitter.
- Loyal, Raw, and a little bit bougie. “I may not be everyone’s cup of tea — but I’m someone’s henny straight.” — Millennial Negro Proverb
- Artist, humorist, gif storyteller.
- Loving and celebrating Blackness. Black women are my joy and my light. #TeamBlackSisterhood — Humor/art and the value of Black expression. My 83 year old dad tells stories and I like share them with the world.
- Hilarious, petty, and Idris Elba seent my snapchat once.
Leslie Mac she/her
- Organizer, Movement Auntie, world class baker and Co-Founder Safety Pin Box.
- I care about discovering new ways to build a more just world, empowering Black people to liberate ourselves from the weight of white supremacy & finding the perfect highlighter..
- Funny, Honest, and Jamaican AF.
Roni Dean-Burren she/her — MEDIA CONTACT FOR THIS PROJECT
- Educator and Agitator.
- I care about educating Black children well, making space for Black women/femmes and non-men to be free and I care about raising free Black children.
- Petty, strong, grounded.
Sherronda J. Brown she/her
- Essayist and Editor. Full-time astrophile and part-time existential nihilist. Demisexual, demiromantic, demigoddess.
- My passions lie in combating misogynoir, affirming Black women and other non-men, demystifying asexuality, destigmatizing mental illness, promoting queerplatonic love and intimacies, and going hard for Black millennials. I write pop culture and media analysis through a Black feminist lens with historical and cultural context, and i’m obsessed with exploring Blackness in the horror genre.
- Nerdy, irreverent, and unapologetically Millennial.
Stephanie Beal she/her
- I am a mother, lover of the Black collective, child advocate, and a #BaeHive Bae.
- I care about Hulk-smashing white supremacy, misogynoir/misogyny, and gender disparities. I’m most passionate about Black liberation, raising free and fearless Black children, and trying to get this contour and highlight on fleek!
- Bold, passionate, and MAGICAL.